scroll down to get the UV Index in your area
|Level 2 or Less |
- Wear sun glasses on bright days. In winter, reflection of snow can nearly double UV strength.
- If you burn easily, cover up and use sun natural sunscreen.
|Level 3 to 5 |
- Take precautions, such as covering up, if you will be outside.
- Seek shade near midday when the sun is strongest
|Level 6 to 7 |
- Protection against sun is needed.
- Reduce time in the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Cover up, wear a hat, sun glasses and natural sunscreen
|Level 8 to 10 |
- Take extra precautions. Unprotected skin will be damaged and can burn quickly.
sun exposure between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Otherwise seek shade, cover up,
and wear a hat, sun glasses and use Natural Sun Screen.
|Level 11 |
- Take all precautions, unprotected skin can burn in minutes.
- Beach-goers should know that white sand and other bright surfaces reflect UV rays and it will increase UV rays exposure.
- Try to avoid sun exposure between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Seek shade, cover up, wear a hat, sun glasses and use natural sunscreen.